If you already completed the required 20 hours of continuing education (15 hours federal and five hours state), now is the time to renew for the 2015/2016 CTEC registration cycle.
To renew, you will need:
· Basic personal information.
· Current bond information.
· An IRS Preparer Tax Identification Number (PTIN).
· 20 hours of continuing education (10 hours of federal tax law, three hours of federal tax law updates, 2 hours of ethics and 5 hours of California tax law) already uploaded into the CTEC database.
· A Visa or MasterCard to pay the $33 registration fee.
All of your education must have been electronically reported to CTEC by your education provider before you can renew online. If your education is not showing up, call your education provider(s) to upload the hours into the system. CTEC policy allows education providers 10 business days from the date the course was completed to report hours earned so please plan ahead.
Renewal registrations are due October 31, 2015. If you miss the deadline, you have until January 15, 2016 to renew late and pay the $33 registration fee, plus an additional $55 late fee. If you miss the late renewal deadline, you will be required to start over, re-take the 60 hour qualifying education course and register as a new tax preparer.
Click here to renew your registration.
NEED FOR RENEWAL
how do i pay my renewal fee and late charge by credit card before jan 15th? this is important because i only have a few days to pay before the deadline so someone needs to get back to me asap! my number is 559-396-7125 and my email is firstname.lastname@example.org