California Tax Education Council
tax professionals 
Tax Professionals

Are you a CTEC
Registered Tax Preparer?

Register/Renew Now

Who Must Register?

California law requires anyone who prepares (or assists with) tax returns for a fee, and is not an attorney, certified public accountant (CPA) or enrolled agent (EA), to register as a tax preparer with CTEC.

Find out more about CTEC registration requirements

New to CTEC?

Already a CRTP?


P.O. Box 2890, Sacramento, CA 95812-2890    tel: (877) 850-2832    fax: (877) 851-2832    email: